Thursday, January 30, 2014

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free Review

This is not a new product and I bought it 2 years ago if I remember well...It's a pretty popular tinted moisturizer, Laura Mercier is well known because of them. Today, every brand is coming out with their version of a tinted moisturizer, bb cream or cc cream so I thought it would be interesting to review an original product.

The reason I still have it after two years is not because I do not like it, but because it's a big tube and you don't need a lot for each use. It is 1.7oz which is 0.7oz more than you usually get with a standard foundation bottle. It is pretty expensive, it is 55$ (in Canada, 43$ in U.S.) but like I said, you get more product, so if you take in consideration that it will last you longer, it is not thaaaat bad. What is great about this tinted moisturizer is that it comes in 15 shades. Your read right, 15 shades!! It's more than many foundations, drugstore or high end. Another reason I still have this tube after two years is because mine is not the right shade for me currently, it will be better for the summer when I get a bit darker. I would really like to buy the right color, but right now it is a too expensive for me and I prefer trying new foundations.

I really like this tinted moisturizer. I tried a few others and also a few BB creams and this one is my favourite. It has light coverage, but still better than most tinted moisturizer. You can build it up and it still looks really natural. It has a natural finish, not too matte even if it say oil free, it looks like natural skin and holds up pretty well during the day. I never powder with this and it still looks good at the end of the day. It is not transfer resistant so be careful to not rub your face on people's clothes. It is perfect for summer because it is light and comfortable to wear. It is a moisturizer so it is also great to wear during winter, but I recommend wearing a normal moisturizer under it.

I will probably finish this tube this summer and after I will definitely repurchase it in the right color (they added new colors last year). Let me know if you have tried this and what you thought about it :)

Gabriela xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment